Subject: (urth) UotNS question

From: James Crossley <ishmael at drizzle.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 23:02:26 +0000

Not that I want to come off as attempting to quash interest in the
conversation that’s been happening here of late, but I wondered if there
were others like me on the list, huge admirers of BotNS who find the Urth
coda unnecessary and frankly, kind of uninteresting.

James
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.urth.net/pipermail/urth-urth.net/attachments/20080611/54a4958c/attachment.htm>

---

From: Dan'l Danehy-Oakes <danldo at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 23:14:15 +0000

James,

That was my first reaction. I didn't like it at all on first reading,
and thought
it was basically a dumbing-down of the series by giving away stuff that
we were meant to figure out for ourselves.

But the opinions of some on this list sent me to a second reading, and I
realized that there's a great deal more in the book, a great deal that is
added to Severian's story by having it there.

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 4:02 PM, James Crossley <ishmael at drizzle.com> wrote:
> conversation that's been happening here of late, but I wondered if there
> _______________________________________________
> Urth Mailing List
> To post, write urth at urth.net
> Subscription/information: http://www.urth.net
>

-- 
Dan'l Danehy-Oakes, writer, trainer, bon vivant
-----
http://www.livejournal.com/users/sturgeonslawyer
http://www.danehyoakes.com

I once absend-mindedly ordered Three Mile Island dressing in a
restaurant and, with great presence of mind, they brought Thousand
Island Dressing and a bottle of chili sauce. -- T. Pratchett