Subject: (urth) Lexicon Urthus Second Edition

From: Nigel Price <nigelaprice at talktalk.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 21:19:42 +0000

Many of you on the list will already have seen this, but in case you haven't
seen it, here is news from Michael Andre-Driussi about the imminent release
of a newly revised edition of his "Lexicon Urthus". The original edition was
a wonderful book and I very much look forward to reading this new and
expanded version which, incidentally, has an introduction by Gene Wolfe
himself.

Nigel

-----Original Message-----
From: lexiconurthus at googlegroups.com
[mailto:lexiconurthus at googlegroups.com]On Behalf Of Michael
Andre-Driussi
Sent: 13 July 2008 21:25
To: lexiconurthus at googlegroups.com
Subject: [Lexicon Urthus] Lexicon Urthus Second Edition

Hello there Lexicon watcher,

Michael here.

I feel pressured by Amazon's pre-publication pre-order policy to give
you information that you richly deserve!

I wasn't holding things back from you, honest!  I just didn't want to
mention anything until you could buy it.  Amazon's policy makes a hash
of that.  I don't blame them, since it is a fine way to sell things, I
just hadn't considered it.

Anyway!

I am pleased to announce that on August 1, 2008, the Second Edition of
Lexicon Urthus will go on sale.

Hardcover: $39.95
Paperback:$19.95 (the current Amazon price of $29.95 is wrong and we're
fixing it)

Specifications: 440 pages, 6 x 9 inches, 20 b/w illustrations, 10 maps,
24 tables

This is a print on demand book, available through Amazon.com and
through us directly, but Amazon will almost certainly offer a discount
and we're not doing that yet.  We expect most sales to be through
Amazon and specialty bookstores, but since there are cases where Amazon
might not reach a country or something, we offer to try and fill those
orders.

In addition to the hardcover and the paperback, we are also hoping to
rollout a Kindle version as soon as possible (meaning September at the
earliest).  We are interested in hearing from anybody who would
consider buying a Kindle version.

I should send out review copies as soon as possible.  Please nominate
any appropriate venues that you can think of.  If you yourself would
like to review LU2 for some publication, send me email telling me which
venue you have in mind and I'll probably send you a review copy.

Thank you for your patience!

=Michael=