Subject: (urth) What's So Green About Ushas

From: b sharp <bsharporflat at hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 12:29:48 +0000

Roy quotes:
>"This is the Brook Madregot, and it runs from Yesod to Briah."

Roy writes:

>The multiple brooks refers to the brooks that run between the tiered
>universes. Small Tzadkiel could show him only the one brook, Madregot,
>because that was where she had been exiled by her larger self.

We don't know that Madregot runs ONLY from Yesod to Briah. And I think
there are implications that being at the brook(s) means you are outside
space and time, hence outside all universes.

Anyway, as I understand BotNS's time scenario, an event in the past can 
lead to multiple branched futures. Thus a linear time traveller would perceive
one brook travelling backward in time but multiple brooks travelling forward. 
This allows Madregot to be both singular and plural.

A superior time traveller would be able to go sideways and diagonally and 
able to traverse all possible pasts and futures. To use Wolfe's chessboard 
analogy, normal humans would be pawns able only to move forward in time 
in small increments. Master Ash, the Green Man, sometimes Severian and 
probably Juturna are rooks. Tzadkiel is a queen.

-bsharp
_________________________________________________________________
Keep your kids safer online with Windows Live Family Safety.
http://www.windowslive.com/family_safety/overview.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_family_safety_072008