Subject: (urth) Ultan's Library publishes new article by Michael Andre-Driussi

From: Nigel Price <nigelaprice at talktalk.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 11:39:32 +0000

To coincide with the launch of the second edition of the _Lexicon Urthus_,
the editors of Ultan's Library are pleased to announce the publication of a
new essay by Michael Andre-Driussi entitled "The Death of Catherine the Weal
and Other Stories".

The essay, which was originally written in 1992 for inclusion in John
Clute's proposed collection of critical essays on Gene Wolfe, refutes the
suggestion made by both Clute and Gregory Feeley that Severian's mother
Catherine was also the Old Autarch. It also examines the mystery of the Old
Autarch's anonymity within _The Book of the New Sun_ and searches for the
true identities of some of the key women in Severian's life.

The editors of Ultan's Library also hope to publish an interview with
Michael Andre-Driussi about the new edition of his Lexicon in the very near
future.

Ultan's Library is an online resource for the study of the writings of Gene
Wolfe and may be found here: http://www.ultan.org.uk/index.html.

We warmly welcome articles for publication on the site and invite potential
contributors in the first instance to contact Jonathan Laidlow at
jon.laidlow at gmail.com.

Jonathan Laidlow
Nigel Price

---

From: Ron Crown <crownrw at slu.edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 14:22:56 +0000

A propos new articles, here's another one. It's an interesting article 
with nothing particularly striking for seasoned lupines but significant 
for signs that Wolfe is receiving a degree of attention outside the SF 
world. The author acknowledges help received from two articles by Nick 
Gevers at the Ultan's Library site in the first footnote.

Christopher Beiting, "The Divine Irruption in Gene Wolfe’s The Book of 
the Long Sun," Logos: A Journal of Catholic Thought and Culture 11 
(Summer, 2008), 86-104.

Your bibliographic servant,
Ron Crown

Nigel Price wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Urth Mailing List
> To post, write urth at urth.net
> Subscription/information: http://www.urth.net
>