Subject: (urth) WolfeWiki latest

From: Mo Holkar / UKG <lists at ukg.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 14:52:50 +0000

Hi all,

Just a quick warning note to say that I'm in the process of moving 
the Wolfe wiki to a new home, which will be at:

http://www.wolfewiki.com/pmwiki/

(Yes, I know. But I was offered it for free, so why not...)

For the moment I've locked both this new copy of the wiki and the 
existing copy (on www.holkar.net) to edits, while I do the migration 
and make sure everything's working properly at the new site.

If you try and do something on the wiki and it doesn't work, or 
doesn't exist any more, that's probably why, but drop me a note if 
you see anything too peculiar.

best wishes, and thanks for your patience,

Mo

# ~ # ~ #

WolfeWiki
http://www.holkar.net/pmwiki/

---

From: Dan'l Danehy-Oakes <danldo at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 17:40:59 +0000

As you may or may not have noticed, I've recently become active on the wiki
again. Please let me know when the new location is open for editing.

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 7:52 AM, Mo Holkar / UKG <lists at ukg.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Just a quick warning note to say that I'm in the process of moving the
> Wolfe wiki to a new home, which will be at:
>
> For the moment I've locked both this new copy of the wiki and the existing
> copy (on www.holkar.net) to edits, while I do the migration and make sure
> everything's working properly at the new site.
>
> If you try and do something on the wiki and it doesn't work, or doesn't
> exist any more, that's probably why, but drop me a note if you see anything
> too peculiar.
>
> _______________________________________________
> Urth Mailing List
> To post, write urth at urth.net
> Subscription/information: http://www.urth.net
>

-- 
Dan'l Danehy-Oakes, writer, trainer, bon vivant
-----
http://www.livejournal.com/users/sturgeonslawyer
http://www.danehyoakes.com

I once absend-mindedly ordered Three Mile Island dressing in a restaurant
and, with great presence of mind, they brought Thousand Island Dressing and
a bottle of chili sauce. -- T. Pratchett
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.urth.net/pipermail/urth-urth.net/attachments/20080912/e5d908b1/attachment.htm>

---

From: Mo Holkar / UKG <lists at ukg.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 13:59:19 +0000

At 18:40 12/09/2008, Dan'l wrote:
>As you may or may not have noticed, I've recently become active on 
>the wiki again. Please let me know when the new location is open for editing.

Yes, good to see you reactivated! It's still a way short of critical 
mass of content, but Dave in particular has been doing great work 
going through the short stories.

I think the new location should be working OK now, so please do head 
there and check it out. If you have any problems editing, or with any 
other function, please let me know (by direct email, rather than to 
this list) and I'll get it fixed. Usernames and passwords should all 
work exactly as in the old site.

best wishes,

Mo

# ~ # ~ #

WolfeWiki now at:

---

From: Dave Lebling <dlebling at hyraxes.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 00:08:26 +0000

I thought it was generally agreed that though Severian may be a stand-in 
for Wolfe, Ultan's assistant Cyby was Wolfe's stand-in in the novel:

"... a stocky, very erect man of forty or so with a flat, pale face. ... 
Cyby had a high, square forehead, from which his graying hair was in 
retreat. It made his face seem small and a trifle babyish..."

Remember that Shadow of the Torturer was published in 1980, so it was 
written when Wolfe was "forty or so."

-- Dave Lebling, aka vizcacha

---

From: Jeff Wilson <jwilson at io.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 02:34:02 +0000

> written when Wolfe was "forty or so."

I've seen photos of Wolfe from that time and there was nothing flat or 
square about him - in fact in one he sorta looks like Stimpy.

-- 
Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
< http://www.io.com/~jwilson >