Subject: (urth) Another Latro in the Works

From: Joe Bushong-Taylor <joebt01 at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 00:29:18 +0000

I find myself rereading the Latro books for the sheer joy of the images and
characters in them.  I certainly hope we see another Latro book.  I do not
know of any comments from Wolfe that indicate that he has yet started work
on another one, but one would seem to be a possibility in the future.  In
his acceptance speech at the World Fantasy Convention in Saratoga Springs,
in 2007, when *Soldier of Sidon* won Best Novel, he said that *SoS* was
written largely because of requests from readers for more about Latro, and,
that these requests were already being made again post-*SoS*.  He indicated
that he would not ignore demand for one.  At least that is what my ears
heard...
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.urth.net/pipermail/urth-urth.net/attachments/20081104/22acffea/attachment.htm>

---

From: John Watkins <john.watkins04 at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 02:28:33 +0000

Gene Wolfe is 77. He does not have infinite additional books. I know
he has two upcoming, stand-alone novels.

That said, it will be a minor tragedy if he does not write a fourth
Latro book. I prefer a fourth Latro book to an additional book set in
any of Wolfe's other worlds, because Latro--unlike Severian, unlike
Silk, unlike Abel--hasn't had a satisfactory farewell.

-- 
Sent from Gmail for mobile | mobile.google.com