Subject: (urth) black holes eat suns

From: Thomas Bitterman <tom at bitterman.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 17:54:02 +0000

Note the time scale - somewhat less than a million years for the
example.  It shouldn't be too hard (!) to change the black hole mix
to get whatever length of time was required.

Enamel
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.urth.net/pipermail/urth-urth.net/attachments/20081222/da85b5ba/attachment.htm>

---

From: Son of Witz <sonofwitz at butcherbaker.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 18:50:37 +0000

On Dec 22, 2008, at 9:54 AM, Thomas Bitterman wrote:

> http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg20026875.600-burrowing-black-holes-devoured-first-stars-from-within.html
>

Cool find.

I love this:

"It is easier to grow truly huge black holes quickly if you start with  
a larger seed."

I find I get the best, strongest black holes when I use large seeds,  
fertile loam, and miraclegrow.
I used to have a nice little hydroponic black hole garden, but I got a  
bit paranoid having all that going on in my basement.
I did have my Medicinal Black Hole card, but it still seemed a bit  
dangerous.

~witz
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.urth.net/pipermail/urth-urth.net/attachments/20081222/e57a0635/attachment.htm>