Subject: (urth) BoTNS makes the Guardian's Top 1000

From: Tim Walters <walters at doubtfulpalace.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 03:24:59 +0000

The Guardian (UK) has published a list of 1000 "books that everyone should
read," and BoTNS made the SF section:

http://tinyurl.com/dfk9dz

The list is a bit Anglocentric, and (perhaps for that reason) leaves off
some writers (Disch, Crowley, Le Guin) that I would consider to be
no-brainers; but at least most of the books on it are, in fact, quite
good, which isn't always the case with such lists.

-- 
Tim Walters | http://doubtfulpalace.com

---

From: Matthew Keeley <matthew.keeley.1 at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 04:58:03 +0000

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 10:24 PM, Tim Walters
> good, which isn't always the case with such lists.

Disch makes Moorcock's list of dystopias, while Le Guin makes Susanna
Clarke's segment on "imagined worlds".

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2009/jan/22/1000-novels-fiction-fantasy-dystopias
http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2009/jan/22/o-novels-science-fiction-fantasy-books

-Matt

---

From: Tim Walters <walters at doubtfulpalace.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 06:45:49 +0000

> Clarke's segment on "imagined worlds".

I don't think those are part of the 1000, though, are they? Actually, 
it's hard to tell if they're extras or pulled out for special attention. 
Maybe it will be clearer when the list is complete.

-- 

Tim Walters | The Doubtful Palace | http://doubtfulpalace.com