Subject: (urth) multi-limbs

From: b sharp <bsharporflat at hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 12:18:52 +0000

FWIW, my impression of the message of multi-limbs on Blue's creatures is the opposite
that some others get. Having four limbs is not a universal ideal or baseline (as our arthropod
cousins show); it is just an evolutionary by-product of the basic earth vertebrate pattern.
 
So rather than seeing multi-limbs as an alteration, I see them as a way that Wolfe marks
certain creatures on Blue as natives; others are are alien invaders. This could be a
clear message that Blue is not Earth or Urth or Ushas.
 
Also, I suppose it has been mentioned before but I just re-noticed Wolfe's description of 
Inhumi as not being good with tools.  Add this to their parasitic and mimicking nature and
I think the connection to Shadow Children becomes quite powerful. This might make Fifth Head
of Cerberus a very fruitful place for understanding Inhumi origins and how they think and feel
as they assume a new identity. 

-bsharp
_________________________________________________________________
Hotmail? goes with you. 
http://windowslive.com/Tutorial/Hotmail/Mobile?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Tutorial_Mobile1_052009