Subject: (urth) New book: The Wizard Knight Companion

From: Allan Anderson <rubel at goosemoon.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 19:26:37 +0000

That's great to hear, Roy, and his Forward cracks me up!

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 12:51 PM, Roy C. Lackey <rclackey at stic.net> wrote:

> Michael Andre-Driussi has a new book out about TWK, similar in format to
> LEXICON URTHUS. Below is his announcement. The longer URLs may wrap, so
> compensate as needed. TWKC has a foreward by Wolfe.
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.urth.net/pipermail/urth-urth.net/attachments/20091029/818242cc/attachment.htm>

---

From: Roy C. Lackey <rclackey at stic.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 19:51:30 +0000

-Roy

===

The errata for Lexicon Urthus, Second Edition is now up at
http://www.siriusfiction.com/lu2errata.html

The errata for the first edition is nearby, at
http://www.siriusfiction.com/errata.html

Please keep the quibbles and corrections coming!

In other news, a new book -- The Wizard Knight Companion.

You can see it at
http://www.amazon.com/Wizard-Knight-Companion-Lexicon-Wolfes/dp/0964279533/r
ef=pd_rhf_p_t_1

You can look inside it at
http://books.google.com/books?id=F6c8SI12XdkC&pg=PP1&dq=the+wizard+knight+co
mpanion#v
=onepage&q=&f=false

===

---

From: Gwern Branwen <gwern0 at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 20:35:23 +0000

> That's great to hear, Roy, and his Forward cracks me up!

Yeah. To tell you the truth, I was convinced that they were in the
pantry, because you see, the linguistic evidence is obvious: 'pantry'
is pronounced as 'pantree', or 'pan-tree', or pronounced in a guttural
giant voice, 'pan treat', a treat cooked in a pan - and what might
that be but a cookie? Classic Wolfe!

But I guess he fooled me again. :(

-- 
gwern