Subject: (urth) Fun missives from Google Alert

From: Gwern Branwen <gwern0 at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 00:09:00 +0000

"Rexford "Rex" Gene Wolfe, 60, was convicted by a La Paz County jury
Oct. 22, on 10 counts of sexual exploitation of a minor under 15 years
of age. According to a press release by County Attorney Sam Vederman,
Wolfe had been living in San Francisco prior to his arrest in May
2009.

In 2002, Wolfe stored some crates and briefcases in the shed of Bouse
resident Jim Jarvis. He did not tell Jarvis what was being stored. In
December 2008, Jarvis cleaned out his shed and discovered child
pornography and called law enforcement.

Vederman prosecuted the case. Each count carries a prison sentence of
10 to 24 years, 17 years presumptive in the Arizona Department of
Corrections. There is no eligibility for probation. La Paz County
Superior Court Judge Michael Burke will sentence Wolfe Nov. 30."

http://www.parkerpioneer.net/articles/2009/10/28/news/parker06.txt

-- 
gwern

---

From: brunians at brunians.org <brunians at brunians.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 00:12:13 +0000

That's pretty harsh for having some dirty books.

.

> _______________________________________________
> Urth Mailing List
> To post, write urth at urth.net
> Subscription/information: http://www.urth.net
>

---

From: John Watkins <john.watkins04 at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 00:21:40 +0000

Is this a joke?  If it is it is in poor taste.  Trafficking in such things
funds people who do a lot worse than own books.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.urth.net/pipermail/urth-urth.net/attachments/20091102/812cc397/attachment.htm>

---

From: brunians at brunians.org <brunians at brunians.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 02:35:09 +0000

Pardon me, this guy owned some books. Are you seriously arguing that he
should be locked up for, let me see, 10 counts at 17 years presumptive
with no possibility for parole, that is potentially a 170 year sentence,
are you seriously arguing that he should be locked up and the key thrown
away for owning some books?

.

---

From: don doggett <kingwukong at yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 02:39:02 +0000

The whole thread's in poor taste if you ask me. Please let it die everyone.
Doggerel
www.don-doggett.blogspot.com

--- On Mon, 11/2/09, John Watkins <john.watkins04 at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: John Watkins <john.watkins04 at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: (urth) Fun missives from Google Alert
> To: "The Urth Mailing List" <urth at lists.urth.net>
> Date: Monday, November 2, 2009, 5:21 PM
> Is this a joke? If it is it is in poor
> taste. Trafficking in such things funds people who do a
> lot worse than own books.
> 
> 
> On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 7:12 PM,
> <brunians at brunians.org>
> wrote:
> 
> That's pretty harsh
> -----Inline Attachment Follows-----
>