Subject: (urth) Latro Series

From: PMorris33 at aol.com <pmorris33 at aol.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 23:52:32 +0000

Any news about another Latro book coming out?

In a message dated 11/14/2009 2:11:00 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,  
urth-request at lists.urth.net writes:

Send  Urth mailing list submissions to
urth at lists.urth.net

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web,  visit
http://lists.urth.net/listinfo.cgi/urth-urth.net
or,  via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
urth-request at lists.urth.net

You can reach the person managing the list  at
urth-owner at lists.urth.net

When replying, please  edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of Urth  digest..."

Today's Topics:

1. Re:  Wolfe @  WindyCon (Matthew  Groves)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message:  1
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 20:58:05 -0600
From: Matthew Groves  <matthewalangroves at gmail.com>
To: The Urth Mailing List  <urth at lists.urth.net>
Subject: Re: (urth) Wolfe @  WindyCon
Message-ID:
<39ed084f0911131858s7ec1df41m9584ddf66182e75f at mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type:  text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1

So wish I could be there.  Look  forward to reports.

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 8:26 AM, James Wynn  <crushtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> WindyCon starts tomorrow. The  following are the panels Gene Wolfe is
> supposed to participate on. If  anyone is going, I'm particularly
> interested in what is said at the  Friday 5pm panel.
>
> Friday 5pm Appointment With the End of the  World
> 2012, the end of the world according to the Mayan calendar, is  fast
> approaching. “Will it really end this time” “What fascinates us  with
> predictions of the end and what do they really mean” “Our  panelists
> discuss apocalypses of various types.
> L. Godfrey, E.  Maksym, B. Thomasson, G. Wolfe
>
> Saturday 4pm Dystopia  Begone
> Does the future have to be so grim” “Is our future really  overcrowded,
> polluted and unequal” “What books are interesting, good  to read, and
> have a positive view of the near future” “Or is there a  positive view”
> “Our panelists discuss the world of the next 100  years.
> E.E. Knight, J. Plaxco, M.Z. Williamson, G.  Wolfe
>
> Sunday 11am Court of the Crimson Kings
> Good old  adventure SF. Space opera, exotic alien cultures. ?What else
> is out  there like this” “Was John Carter the last romantic hero” ?Come
> and  find out.
> L. Darrow, R. Horton, F. Pohl, P. Sayre McCoy, G.  Wolfe
> _______________________________________________
> Urth  Mailing List
> To post, write urth at urth.net
>  Subscription/information:  http://www.urth.net
>

------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Urth  Mailing List
To post, write urth at urth.net
Subscription/information:  http://www.urth.net

End of Urth Digest, Vol 63, Issue  10
************************************

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.urth.net/pipermail/urth-urth.net/attachments/20091114/64ccd3b9/attachment.htm>

---

From: James Wynn <crushtv at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 11:15:37 +0000

> Any news about another Latro book coming out?

I think someone probably asks Wolfe about this at every panel, but I
recall it was asked last year at WindyCon. Wolfe said he would not
mind doing another sequel but he's getting old, the clock is running,
and he doubts he'll get around to it.

Personally, I was surprised regarding "Sidon" that Wolfe allowed Latro
to return home. That's struck me as an important motivation for his
character that was taken off the table.

J.