Subject: (urth) New Wolfe Audiobooks

From: aaron <aaronsingleton at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 13:03:15 +0000

Just wanted to let everyone know that Audible.com has all four New Sun Books
(with the exception of Urth of the New Sun, that is) in audio format.  They
were just released in early December and are read by a guy named John
Davis.  The words seem to be pronounced correctly this time and the reading
overall is really good.  High quality audio as well.  Check them out.

-- 
Aaron Singleton
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.urth.net/pipermail/urth-urth.net/attachments/20100117/e1c40d08/attachment.htm>

---

From: Fred Kiesche <godelescherbach at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 13:19:57 +0000

Sigh. Audible--big fat downloads. Which doesn't work for those of us
still on dial-up. Dang.

-- 
F.P. Kiesche III  "Ah Mr. Gibbon, another damned, fat, square book.
Always, scribble, scribble, scribble, eh?" (The Duke of Gloucester, on
being presented with Volume 2 of The Decline and Fall of the Roman
Empire.) Blogging at The Lensman's Children.

---

From: sonofwitz at butcherbaker.org <sonofwitz at butcherbaker.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 18:42:04 +0000

I hate to say it, but this narrator pales in comparison with the American
Library for the Blind's narrator, Roy Avers.  I've been so excited for a
version that doesn't have all sorts of background noise, but listening to
the sample at Audible, I'm disappointed. This guy makes it all sound so
flat and wooden. too bad.
~Witz

> _______________________________________________
> Urth Mailing List
> To post, write urth at urth.net
> Subscription/information: http://www.urth.net
>