Subject: (urth) Artist

From: Michael Doolittle <mdoolitt at hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 04 May 1998 15:38:29 +0000

Hello everyone,

First I want to say that this is a great discussion group about one of 
my favorite authors, Gene Wolfe.  I'm glad I managed to stumble across 
it/  I do have one question I'm hoping someone here can help me with:  
Does anyone know the artist who did the cover art for "The Book of the 
New Sun" tetralogy?  And do you have any contact information.  Any help 
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mike D

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/

---

From: William H. Ansley <wansley at warwick.net>
Date: Mon, 04 May 1998 23:55:32 +0000

>I do have one question I'm hoping someone here can help me with:
>New Sun" tetralogy?

Mike,

Ooooh! An easy question! I'll answer it!

Don Maitz is the artist in question. I am not crazy about his covers for
TBotNS, but I really like some of his other work. Wolfe does seem to like
the covers, though. Maitz's first collection, _First Maitz_ (1988, ISBN
0-942681-01-0) has an introduction by Wolfe, who says some extremely nice
things about them. Wolfe also complements Maitz's covers elsewhere, I
believe in _The Castle of the Otter_.

William Ansley