Subject: (urth) Capricon

From: Nigel Price <nigelaprice at talktalk.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 16:29:20 +0000

Is anyone on the list going to Capricon later this week?

I've just looked at all the panels and events in which Gene Wolfe is due to
take part. The list is as follows:

.	Destiny vs. Free Will
.	Hidden Religion in SF/F
.	Write SF, but I'm a Techno-Idiot
.	Is SF/Fantasy a Dying Genre or Just Evolving?
.	Reading: Gene Wolfe
.	Religion and Science: At Odds?
.	The Way the Future Was (with Boskone)

I'd love to hear what he has to say on all those topics! If anyone is going,
is there any chance of their making an audio recording of any of these
panels?

Nigel

---

From: Matthew Knight <jacobeiserman at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 18:19:47 +0000

Please, please...I too would love to hear what Gene Wolfe has to say about
all of these, particularly the religion-related panels.\

Matt

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 9:29 AM, Nigel Price <nigelaprice at talktalk.net>wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Urth Mailing List
> To post, write urth at urth.net
> Subscription/information: http://www.urth.net
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.urth.net/pipermail/urth-urth.net/attachments/20100209/e02b8ab3/attachment.htm>

---

From: James Wynn <crushtv at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 21:02:57 +0000

I've mentioned this before but it bears repeating. A few Wolfe panels
are every bit as useful as (or more than) a semester long Creative
Writing course. Wolfe's advice about being a *productive* writer are
always more practical and objective based than those of any other
writer I've heard. Perhaps it is because creative writers do not tend
to be analytical. Every other successful writer seems to only vaguely
understand exactly how he got there (at least anything beyond "Go to
lots of cons and share your writings!"). Wolfe knows exactly
step-by-step how he got to where he is and can describe and discuss
each leg of the trip.

If you know someone who would like to write fiction and get paid for
it, you should encourage them to go to invest in the price of a con
where Wolfe is attending.

J

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 12:19 PM, Matthew Knight <jacobeiserman at gmail.com> wrote:
>> . ? ? ? Destiny vs. Free Will
>> . ? ? ? Hidden Religion in SF/F
>> . ? ? ? Write SF, but I'm a Techno-Idiot
>> . ? ? ? Is SF/Fantasy a Dying Genre or Just Evolving?
>> . ? ? ? Reading: Gene Wolfe
>> . ? ? ? Religion and Science: At Odds?
>> . ? ? ? The Way the Future Was (with Boskone)
>>