Subject: (urth) Wolfe's health

From: Ranjit Bhatnagar <rbhatnagar at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 14:33:41 +0000

Forwarded from a concerned reader...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Nessun Sapra
Date: Mon, May 3, 2010 at 6:30 AM
Subject: Gene Wolfe

Hi there,

I am not sure if this has already been posted (I haven’t read The Sorcerer?
House yet and try to avoid spoilers), but according to Locus Gene had open
heart surgery lately but seem to recover quickly:
http://www.locusmag.com/News/2010/04/gene-wolfe-recovering-from-heart-surger
y/

Please pass this info on if you like.

Best, Klaus

---

From: Ranjit Bhatnagar <rbhatnagar at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 14:56:03 +0000

My email program may have broken the link below -- if that doesn't
work, try this one:
http://tinyurl.com/26w2h9s

And locus's site seems to be down right now anyway, but a short item
on sfsite says:

Author Gene Wolfe underwent open heart surgery on April 24 after
suffering shortness of breath. An echocardiogram showed a leaking
mitral valve and Wolfe had underwent double bypass and valve repair
surgery. He is recovering well and his family hopes to move him to a
rehab facility in the next couple of days.

sfsite link: http://tinyurl.com/35zyn95

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 10:33 AM, Ranjit Bhatnagar <rbhatnagar at gmail.com> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Urth Mailing List
> To post, write urth at urth.net
> Subscription/information: http://www.urth.net
>