Subject: (urth) the "trouble on the river" the lochage was referring to

From: Cliff Judge <transentient at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 14:07:50 +0000

When Severian is brought to meet the lochage, he mentions that there had
been trouble at the river.

Could this be a reference to the later astral trip that Silk/Horn took to
Nessus in Short Sun?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.urth.net/pipermail/urth-urth.net/attachments/20100506/79691213/attachment.htm>

---

From: Roy C. Lackey <rclackey at stic.net>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 18:18:13 +0000

> Could this be a reference to the later astral trip that Silk/Horn took to

No. Different seasons. It was early spring when Sev left the tower. (Soon
after he left, Talos was whacking the heads off wildflowers in the field
near the city gate.)

When Sev found Triskele, it was bitterly cold. (Sev was outside the tower
trying to unclog a frozen drain pipe at the time.) Sev had the dog for only
about a week. He showed the dog to Silkhorn.

Jahlee was running around naked when the party from Blue came to Nessus, not
a cold-weather thing to do. <g>

-Roy