Subject: (urth) Bluesberry Jam

From: Jim Jordan <jbjordan at gnt.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 1997 21:58:05 +0000

[Posted from URTH, a mailing list about Gene Wolfe's New Sun and other works]

List (especially Mantis, who can probably answer this in his sleep):

	Gene said that his favorite stories are "Detective of Dreams" and
"Westwind," which stands to reason since (a) they relate explicitly to his
beliefs, and (b) they encapsulate the perspective of all his major fiction.
He also mentioned "Bluesberry Jam," which evidently has not been
anthologized. I don't recall it. Anybody know where/when it was published,
and/or how to get a copy?

	BTW, Mantis, who is "Michael"?  :-)  (That's how you signed your last post
on Urth.)

Nutria

---

From: m.driussi <m.driussi at genie.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 1997 06:21:00 +0000

Reply:  Item #2076850 from URTH at LISTS.BEST.COM@INET00#

Nutria,

"Michael" is one of the masks that Russario, fiendish imp, dons when
I'm not looking.

"Bluesberry Jam" is in SPACE OPERA, the paperback anthology edited by
Anne McCaffrey and Elizabeth Ann Scarborough, published 1996 by Daw.
Available NOW.

(And that =is= a great story, as I'm sure I've said before!)

=mantis=