Subject: (urth) Hethor's Poppet

From: Jack Smith <jack.smith.1946 at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 18:47:51 +0000

I don't know if Agia is a robot or Hethor's paracoita, but here's a  video
of Megan Fox with a mannequin that's creepy enough to be Hethor's poppet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiPTa1wod_0

-- 
Best wishes,
Jack
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.urth.net/pipermail/urth-urth.net/attachments/20100619/68c199a0/attachment.htm>

---

From: Lee Berman <severiansola at hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 02:48:33 +0000

I find Gene Wolfe's work to often be veiled but detectably 
autobiographical. I must guess references to violet-eyed beauties were
inspired by Elizabeth Taylor, famous for that color eyes, and a teen movie
star only a year younger than Mr.Wolfe.
 
I can't imagine Agia as a paracoita; she is small but not violet-eyed 
plus she is a hard-ass and hard-headed (heh heh) stubborn, to boot. Not good
characteristics in a sex toy. Thecla has violet eyes but is hardly small
or doll-like; she is even described as having some masculine qualities.
 
I propose Phaedria, from 5HoC as the most similar Wolfe character to the
paracoita. She has the violet eyes and is presented as rather poppet- 
doll-like, feminine and on the compliant side. Moreover Borski has proposed
that Hethor is a shape-changer. Perhaps a Shadow Child or Annese decided to 
board the ship and travel to another universe (i.e. another Wolfe story) taking
along Phaedria, or more likely, a clone of her, as a pleasant companion. 
Surely Gene Wolfe had similar dreams in his youth. 		 	   		  
_________________________________________________________________
Hotmail has tools for the New Busy. Search, chat and e-mail from your inbox.
http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_1