Subject: (urth) BOTNS Comic preview

From: Jeff Wilson <jwilson at io.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 20:42:19 +0000

The first couple of pages, featuring Master Palaemon:

http://mordicai.livejournal.com/1772247.html

-- 
Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
IEEE Student Chapter Blog at
< http://ieeetamut.org >

---

From: Lane Haygood <lhaygood at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 20:49:10 +0000

Is it bad that I want to log in to my little-used LJ account to post a
link to the poor beleaugered soul in the comments, directing him/her
to this list?  I mean, we may not be able to shed any actual light on
the reader's confusion with the BOTNS, but at least we can offer up
pages upon pages of interesting obfuscation.

That said, not a terrible fan of the artwork, but I'd read it all the
same, to see if the artists' visions match up to the one playing
through my head when I read it.

LH

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 3:42 PM, Jeff Wilson <jwilson at io.com> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Urth Mailing List
> To post, write urth at urth.net
> Subscription/information: http://www.urth.net
>

---

From: Dave Lebling <dlebling at hyraxes.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 22:59:22 +0000

Yes, it's bad. Let him read it through at least once on his own before 
getting all the answers (and the different versions of the answers) here.

The comic is pretty good (unlike Lane I rather like the artwork), and 
does less damage to the work than Peter Jackson did to Tolkien. Only 
three issues were published, alas.

-- Dave Lebling, aka vizcacha