Subject: (urth) Corn ears

From: António Marques <entonio at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 02:56:31 +0000

Could someone please explain to me what is happening in RttW, where
the man who gave the narrator the corn seeds tries to attack him when
he turns his back to go away?

---

From: James Wynn <crushtv at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 04:01:30 +0000

> he turns his back to go away?

Isn't it that the man believes that the corn seeds are being extorted 
from him?

u+16b9

---

From: António Marques <entonio at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 08:06:40 +0000

>> he turns his back to go away?

On the one hand it's yet another classic SF thing.

> Isn't it that the man believes that the corn seeds are being extorted from
> him?

Could be, but he seemed surprised that only 6 seeds were being requested.