Subject: (urth) Embryos

From: Nicholas Gevers <vermoulian at yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 08:38:37 +0000

All the theorising about Silk's genetic relationship with Typhon hinges on the 
nature of the embryos. How many of these, apart from Silk, are identified??Mucor 
and Incus, certainly; what others?

--Nick Gevers.

---

From: James Wynn <crushtv at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 11:35:58 +0000

Incus? Why so?

I say Tussah. Possibly Horn.

On 12/21/2010 2:38 AM, Nicholas Gevers wrote:
> nature of the embryos. How many of these, apart from Silk, are identified? Mucor
> _______________________________________________
> Urth Mailing List
> To post, write urth at urth.net
> Subscription/information: http://www.urth.net

---

From: James Wynn <crushtv at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 12:37:57 +0000

Oh, yeah. Auk. I strongly suspect he is a clone of Tartaros based on 
what he said in the Q&A:

    Question: "Why did Auk/Tartaros kidnap Hyacinth, and why,
    subsequently, did he let her go?"

    Gene Wolfe: "Because Tartaros had told him to bring a woman.He
    released her as he recovered from his brain injury, was able to
    think more clearly, and realized that Hyacinth was not the woman he
    should bring. Putting it another way, he released her because
    Tartaros told him to. *These answers are not as disparate as they
    may appear.*"

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.urth.net/pipermail/urth-urth.net/attachments/20101221/7ce16868/attachment.htm>

---

From: David Stockhoff <dstockhoff at verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 12:41:21 +0000

Clone, or horse to Tartaros's rider? I thought this was a case of 
possession.

On 12/21/2010 7:37 AM, James Wynn wrote:
>     think more clearly, and realized that Hyacinth was not the woman
>     he should bring. Putting it another way, he released her because

---
avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 101220-1, 12/20/2010
Tested on: 12/21/2010 7:41:22 AM
avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2010 AVAST Software.
http://www.avast.com

---

From: James Wynn <crushtv at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 13:00:00 +0000

Well, I don't *think* that Tartaros possessing him and making him do 
something is the even similar to Auk "thinking more clearly" OR 
receiving a message from Tartaros.