Subject: (urth) Book of the New Sun

From: SJF37 <sjf37 at aol.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 20:45:42 +0000

[Posted from URTH, a mailing list about Gene Wolfe's New Sun and other works]

I'm confused by the Urth mailing list.  Do you ever discuss "The Book
of the New Sun"?  The primary focus seems to be other novels by
Gene Wolfe.

I've read "The Book of the New Sun" and "The Urth of the New Sun"
twice now, and really liked them, but think that I failed to pick up on
a lot of the meaning that the reader is intended to understand.  Help!

Regards from Deborah

http://members.aol.com/SJF37/homepage-sjf37-index.html
http://members.aol.com/SJF37/index.html
http://members.aol.com/SJF37/web-page-links-index.html

---

From: m.driussi <m.driussi at genie.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 03:47:00 +0000

Reply:  Item #6089883 from URTH at LISTS.BEST.COM@INET03#

Deborah,

Hello there and welcome aboard!

In truth, the Urth list is really sort of "everything by Wolfe except
for THE BOOK OF THE LONG SUN (which has its own list--where we all
started)," but yes, there are many people here ready willing and able
to talk New Sun until the arrival of Ushas.

So go ahead and ask a question or two and see what happens!  (Don't
be surprised if there are differing answers and/or friendly arguments
arise--happens all the time.)  What do you feel you missed--what do you
think you don't understand?  Everybody's friendly here and we all know
that asking a question often makes the asker feel temporarily dumb.

=mantis=