Subject: (urth) missing Kipling epigraph

From: Jason H <beet31425 at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 06:07:24 +0000

My copy of Book of the New Sun (the two-volume Orb edition) contains
epigraphs for the first three novels, but nothing for Citadel. In Castle of
Days, Wolfe says that he intends to use part of a Kipling poem for the
Citadel epigraph, and I've seen this in at least one edition. It works
beautifully.

Any idea what happened with the Orb edition? Is this just a bad error? It's
a real shame, because the Kipling quote works as well as Shadow's epigraph
did ("A thousand ages in thy sight...").

-Jason
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.urth.net/pipermail/urth-urth.net/attachments/20110703/30a53aeb/attachment.htm>

---

From: Matthew Keeley <matthew.keeley.1 at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 14:15:45 +0000

I think it's just an error. The epigraph is missing in my Orb edition, but
present in the more recent Gollancz "Severian of the Guild" one-volume
edition.

-Matt
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.urth.net/pipermail/urth-urth.net/attachments/20110704/d9349a58/attachment.htm>