Subject: (urth) megatherians = vanished gods?

From: larry miller <biglar1984 at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2011 21:50:01 +0000

Recently reread the BotnS and started rereading BotSS and was
wondering ig thier was any connection between the Vanished Gods of
Blue and the Megatherians of Urth?

---

From: David Stockhoff <dstockhoff at verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2011 22:15:53 +0000

> Blue and the Megatherians of Urth?

Short answer:

Yes!

No!

Maybe!

What correspondences do you see, Larry?

---
avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 111008-1, 10/08/2011
Tested on: 10/8/2011 6:17:09 PM
avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2011 AVAST Software.
http://www.avast.com

---

From: larry miller <biglar1984 at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2011 01:07:18 +0000

obviously there are similarities between the mother and the brides of
abaia and i noticed the speculation on the urth list about pas family
being the megatherians.  Borskis comment in solar labyrinth that
typhon was a neighbor got me thinking that maybe there were more
connections between the series.  Any input would be greatly
appreciated.

---

From: James Wynn <crushtv at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2011 18:02:49 +0000

I think BotSS is explicit that there is some kind of direct connection 
between Scylla on Urth and Mother on Blue.

On 10/8/2011 4:50 PM, larry miller wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Urth Mailing List
> To post, write urth at urth.net
> Subscription/information: http://www.urth.net

---

From: larry miller <biglar1984 at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2011 18:47:02 +0000

So maybe the "beans" in Jonas story are a reference to cells from
which the Vanished Gods grew bodies to download into becoming the
megatherians in the same way they grew humans on the whorl.  Any
thoughts?

---

From: Andrew Mason <andrew.mason53 at googlemail.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2011 21:32:53 +0000

Some people do find it controversial whether the name 'megatherians'
refers to the monsters (Erebus, Abaia and co.), but that's by the by.

As James says, there is definitely a connection between the Mother on
Blue and Scylla on Urth - I think they are said to be sisters. There
are indications, notably the bean story, that the monsters on Urth
came from space; this may mean either that they came from Blue, or
that they came to both Urth and Blue from a third planet.