Subject: (urth) Horn on Blue

From: larry miller <biglar1984 at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 01:19:46 +0000

when Horn is laying dying in the pit on Blue he remarks that he sees a
man with a long nose that looks like a black spider and says that the
man touches his forehead with something.  Did this strike anyone as
similiar to Severian and the Claw?  Horn also remarks that the area is
littered with large chunks of Blue glass (like the azure crystal
housing the Claw). Maybe Horn sees one of Severians time traveling
iterations and Horns transferring into Silk is like Jonas transferring
into Miles.

On 10/9/11, Andrew Mason <andrew.mason53 at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Some people do find it controversial whether the name 'megatherians'
> refers to the monsters (Erebus, Abaia and co.), but that's by the by.
>
> As James says, there is definitely a connection between the Mother on
> Blue and Scylla on Urth - I think they are said to be sisters. There
> are indications, notably the bean story, that the monsters on Urth
> came from space; this may mean either that they came from Blue, or
> that they came to both Urth and Blue from a third planet.
> _______________________________________________
> Urth Mailing List
> To post, write urth at urth.net
> Subscription/information: http://www.urth.net
>