Subject: (urth) Digest urth.v001.n024

From: John Bishop <jbishop at ch.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 15:09:57 +0000

[Posted from URTH, a mailing list about Gene Wolfe's New Sun and other works]

  I've come across a reference to a graphic-novel version
  of all or part of the Book_of_the_New_Sun, but without
  the details I'd need to get ordering information.

  Anyone out there with a title or author, etc.

         -John

---

From: m.driussi <m.driussi at genie.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 20:45:00 +0000

Reply:  Item #6599662 from URTH at LISTS.BEST.COM@INET01#

John,

"Gene Wolfe's THE SHADOW OF THE TORTURER" graphic novel in six issues
by Innovation, 1991.  Innovative Corp., Wheeling WV 26003, (304)
232-7701.

TTBOMK only the first three issues came out.  Magazine format.  Check
at comicbook stores and =good luck=.

=mantis=

---

From: Jim Jordan <jbjordan at gnt.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 09:58:36 +0000

>  the details I'd need to get ordering information.

	INNOVATION Comix started serializing "The Shadow of the Torturer" about
six years ago. I got the first three. I don't think any more were ever
done. This comic line also did some of Anne Rice's trash. I have no idea
where you can obtain copies, except that I think I have five copies of the
first two issues somewhere....
	The serialization was faithful to the book, though I did not care for the
artwork.
	Maybe someone else knows more....

Nutria