Subject: (urth) (no subject)

From: Lee Berman <severiansola at hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 13:26:11 +0000

>Marc Aramini: I think there is a literal solution to this, and it's either: 
>Green is literally Urth ... I'm kind of hoping that some day either notes 
>or something will come to light which will put me out of my misery on this 
>one - because it just didn't feel like a (mostly pointless in my mind) 
>metaphorical correction.
 
I hear you, Marc, and feel your pain. I consider the literal solution to be a 
possibility and I hope you'll find resolution at some point. What I meant in 
the last post is the irony that I am not religious yet I find religious 
significance to the metaphor you reject but which would provide you the 
salvation you seek.
 
FWIW and to anyone who is not Marc reading this thread I'll sum up by mentioning
what I think are the similarities of Blue to Ushas: 
 
1. Flooded world with sunken ruins 
2. No large continents but instead smaller, separated islands (we only see one
   on Ushas though)
3. Yellow sun, temperate climate
4. Populated by refugees from a spaceship
5. Elevation and worship of gods co-opted from a previous world
6. Presence of mermaids (and demons?)