Subject: (urth) questions arising from Babbiehorn

From: Larry Miller <decanus1284 at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 12:44:37 +0000

1) What is the glass structure that Horn and Seawrack come across on
the island?      2) If Horn is resurrected on Blue as a Nieghbor
what/who dies on Green?                                3) How is Silk
inside Pig and his own body (occupied by Horn) at the same time?

---

From: James Wynn <crushtv at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 14:50:24 +0000

> inside Pig and his own body (occupied by Horn) at the same time?

1) I don't believe there has been any satisfactory full explanation of this.

2) When Horn dies in the the pit, his spirit goes to the Outsider. 
Horn's body is possessed by a Neighbor (that greenbuck Horn was chasing 
when he fell into the pit) who feels culpable for his death. In 
recompense, he adopts Horn's identity and mission. Horn's body dies on 
Green. The Neighbor performs the same trick again by possessing and 
repairing Silk's dying body. Obviously, not everyone agrees with this. 
Marc has an equally developed theory about what happens in the pit. I 
don't no of any other strong opinion about what happens when Horn dies 
the two times.

3) Silk was scanned and has become a Mainframe god. Silver Silk/Silent 
Silk is possessing Pig.

---

From: Larry Miller <decanus1284 at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 16:48:15 +0000

Thanks James.  Back when I thought Blue was Urth I thought maybe it
was the ruins of the Botanic Gardens and that the island was the
floating plantlife that was inside before its destruction.  I remember
on my reread being struck by Horns description of the glass and the
similarities with the gem that housed the claw.  I also thought that
the spiderlike figure placing something on Horns forehead was Severian
resurrecting him with the claw.

On 11/17/11, James Wynn <crushtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Urth Mailing List
> To post, write urth at urth.net
> Subscription/information: http://www.urth.net
>