Subject: (urth) Urth Digest, Vol 87, Issue 179

From: Andrew Mason <andrew.mason53 at googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 22:47:45 +0000

James Wynn wrote:

> Andrew, I don't know if you saw my response to you on 11/9...
> http://lists.urth.net/pipermail/urth-urth.net/2011-November/024264.html
> ... but at that point I posed that the Mucor traveling with "Pike's
> ghost" is Mucor from Blue on her mission to locate Silk for Horn.

Yes, I saw this - I'm not doubting that there is a way to explain it
within the time-travel theory. I just wanted to see if a simpler
explanation could be given.

> ** If it seems that Wolfe did not provide enough clues for this,
> remember that this is the same thing as Auk kidnapping Hy for sacrifice
> and then realizing that "she was not the woman he was supposed to
> bring." There was no explanation of _that_internal struggle either.

Why do you say he kidnapped her for sacrifice? It seems to me -
admittedly with the benefit of hindsight - that what happened is
reasonably clear. Tartaros said  'Go to the woman...A woman is vital'.
Auk looked around for Chenille (whom Tartaros certainly meant; he had
told Auk to comfort her a page earlier), but she had disappeared. So
he ran out and grabbed Hyacinth. Later, Tartaros told him to let her
go, when the balance of his mind had been restored. There's no
explicit 'Ah, now I realise...', but presumably he did, as he let
Hyacinth go without arguing.

---

From: James Wynn <crushtv at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 23:12:45 +0000

> explanation could be given.

Maybe Roy will chime in on this.

> Why do you say he kidnapped her for sacrifice?

Well, he *did* kidnap her. The very requirement to kidnap someone 
assumes that no one could be procured to go willingly.

> It seems to me -
> told Auk to comfort her a page earlier), but she had disappeared.

I'm not sure it is obvious. I don't think he ultimately presents 
Chenille. So, if she was vital...
If Tartaros needed any woman (as his statement implied) why not Hy?

---

From: António Pedro Marques <entonio at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 23:23:24 +0000

> If Tartaros needed any woman (as his statement implied) why not Hy?

Ha!