Subject: (urth) Five Dog Knight, aka Casting Couch

From: Alice Turner <al at interport.net>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 07:43:59 +0000

Okay, there seems to be a consensus on Sir John as Palaemon. Can we then
give Malrubius to Sir Alec and Old Valeria to Dame Maggie? And is Sir Ralph
still with us?--he could be memorable as the somewhat slimy Gurloes. And Sir
Derek IS the Autarch--I could kick myself for overlooking him even as a
momentary lapse.

(The Brightest Stars in the Aristocratic Firmament Set This Epic Adventure
Ablaze.)

But fie on the foul felon who proposed Nicholas Cage as Silk. That's a
terrible idea. Everybody loves Silk. Does everybody love Nick Cage? Does
*anybody* love Nick Cage? I'm sure O'Leary will back me up when I put myself
100% behind Leo, Leo, Leo.

-alga-

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/

---

From: Peter Stephenson <pws at ifh.de>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 12:10:35 +0000

"Alice Turner" wrote:
> And is Sir Ralph
> still with us?--he could be memorable as the somewhat slimy Gurloes.

Alas not, so he'd better be Malrubius :-)

That reminds me, I missed out two from my anti-list

Malrubius:  Leslie Nielsen
Triskele:   ALF

> (The Brightest Stars in the Aristocratic Firmament Set This Epic Adventure

Well, more sort of `knightly' rather than `aristocratic'.  If Larry were
still around, he could do a cameo of the Pancreator, say.  Maybe you could
hire a stately home for the House Absolute.  Chatsworth would do.

pws

---

From: Peter Westlake <peter at harlequin.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 11:12:13 +0000

At 07:43 1998-05-14 -0400, alga wrote:

>terrible idea. 

It is, isn't it? Mind you, Sissy Spacek as Dorcas was a bit off, too :-)
Mucor, I grant you.

As for the Hitchhiker's Guide - but that's a Long Sun idea, and a
very silly one too. I shall post it to Whorl instead. It's been
rather quiet lately.

 -- Spectacled bear.

Peter Westlake, Harlequin Ltd, Barrington Hall, Barrington, Cambs CB2 5RG.