Subject: (urth) (no subject)

From: Lee Berman <severiansola at hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 14:22:07 +0000

>Gerry Quinn: The experts don’t just tell me how it works, they produce extensive 
>and consistent mathematical models covering a wide range of domains and invite me 
>to pick holes in them, or carry out any experiment that might invalidate them.    
>Lee is spouting a tired old argument which uses cultural relativism to assail all 
>notions of objective truth.

As I see it, if it is human-created it is, by definition, not objective truth. How
could it be? Only God is objective. The rest of us were gestated in a womb and raised
in an ape-like family and social community. No big black rectangles around that I can
see...Math and science can have no claim on universal truth until we have multiple 
alien races across the universe demonstrating identical use.
 
Cultural relativism? That's good! Using a political/social term as judgement of 
one's own universal superiority is what I was talking about in the previous post.
Scientist= Priest.

---

From: David Stockhoff <dstockhoff at verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 14:36:24 +0000

> one's own universal superiority is what I was talking about in the previous post.

Naturally, to a scientist or priest, that equal sign doesn't work at all.