Subject: (urth) Re: Digest urth.v011.n004

From: Patri10629 <patri10629 at aol.com>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 13:11:01 +0000

In a message dated 5/14/98 8:42:23 AM, Aga wrote:

<< I'm sure O'Leary will back me up when I put myself
100% behind Leo, Leo, Leo.>>

Alga, Babe, slow down.

Have you checked his asking price lately? Bottom Line: We get Leo (beefed up,
even) and your can kiss any special effects bye-bye.

Imagine BEN HUR without the Chariot race in the third act and you get my
drift.

We wan't this sucker before the cameras come August or we can write off a July
99 release.

Besides, Leo's on this Indy quirky thing--going integrity on us. Doubt he'll
do it.

By the way--who the hell is Gene Wolfe? Pulper? Pomper? Punner? Gimme the
skinny on his track record, Last thing we need in a pitch is a boardroom full
of Glazed eyes.  Believe me, you say "Tolstoy" to Eisner and he goes smiley on
ya. Been there, Done that. 

HORNBLOWER

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/

---

From: Tony Ellis <tony.ellis at futurenet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 17:08:53 +0000

14/05/98
                                                                      18:00
 RE>Digest urth.v011.n004

Alga wrote:
>Jeremy Irons is too weedy for Sev, he'd look ridiculous in that costume. He
>could be Vodalus, though. Dan'l D-L has the figgah for it.

Oooooh, you're so cruel <g>. Seriously though, I've always seen Sev
as very much the lean, sinewy type, that's one of the reasons I 
thought of Irons.

The other is that Irons can do a very good Serious. Nobody can do
Serious like that man :-)