Subject: (urth) Capricon

From: James Wynn <crushtv at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 17:54:36 +0000

On a related note, at Capricon 32 in Wheeling, IL (just outside of 
Chicago), there's going to be a panel with Gene and Cory Doctorow 
(excellent!):
http://www.kristine-smith.com/index.php/2012/01/capricon-schedule/

Ironically, Gene has not treated as a superstar at the Chicago 
cons...which makes the Chicago Literary Hall of Fame event so 
significant. So it is possible to actually have a normal conversation 
with him.
(hint) Don't give him a book. He gets these all the time, and he says he 
doesn't get a chance to read for pure pleasure anymore (ala the book 
forger in "Peace").

---

From: Jeff Wilson <jwilson at clueland.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 04:46:18 +0000

> doesn't get a chance to read for pure pleasure anymore (ala the book

Bread and salt, perhaps.

-- 
Jeff Wilson - jwilson at clueland.com
Computational Intelligence Laboratory - Texas A&M Texarkana
< http://www.tamut.edu/CIL >