Subject: (urth) proposed `Delage' collage for NYRSF

From: Damien Broderick <damien at ariel.ucs.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 12:16:04 +0000

Hi team

I've just suggested this to one of the editors at the New York Review of
SF, and would like to hear from the relevant list posters if it's cool to
snaffle their glittering words, with acknowledgement:

< I've lately been on the URTH email list, devoted to Book of the New Sun
and other non Long Sun Wolfeana.  Very smart, funny, divergent minds.  One
minor thread has tried to work out what's going on in Wolfe's quite short
story, `Suzanne Delage'.  I'd like to create a kind of collage of the
posts-to-date as an article.  Obviously I'd get permission from the
contestants. >

I would guess that they'd want to see it (or samples) before accepting it
on my say-so, but I'll take the chance and do the compiling, unless anyone
objects.

Regards, Damien

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/

---

From: Peter Westlake <peter at harlequin.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 07:44:30 +0000

>posts-to-date as an article.  Obviously I'd get permission from the

Contestants?

>on my say-so, but I'll take the chance and do the compiling, unless anyone

Fine by me, though you might want to snip email addresses.

Peter.