Subject: (urth) This Week in Google Alerts: Wolfe to visit Library

From: Gwern Branwen <gwern at gwern.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 01:41:13 +0000

> The Friends of the NIU Libraries and DeKalb Public Library’s Science Fiction Book Club are co-sponsoring a book signing and Q-and-A with renowned science-fiction author Gene Wolfe at 7 p.m. Wednesday, April 3, in the lower level staff lounge of Founders Memorial Library.

A good opportunity anyone in Chicago or Illinois.

-- 
gwern
http://www.gwern.net

---

From: Gwern Branwen <gwern at gwern.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 02:02:32 +0000

- Photo of Wolfe: https://secure.flickr.com/photos/oldonliner/8625154326/
- 2:03 video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_ppTMudsp0

    > Gene Wolfe talks about his retirement as editorial journal
editor. Mr. Wolfe was a guest at an event hosted by Friends of NIU
Founder's Memorial Library and the Sci-Fi Club of Dekalb Public
Library. (He recently had surgery on his eye, necessitating the eye
patch.)

-- 
gwern
http://www.gwern.net