Subject: (urth) Tree-Gods and The Ring of Glass

From: Brian <brian at studiobl.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 16:18:03 +0000

So what was the ring of glass that Horn, Seawrack, and Babbie found on the
herbal island?  Light seemed to go one way through it, implying a dome
meant to contain light, like a greenhouse.  The original lab where the tree
gods were developed?  And what's under the ocean?  Why does (Hoof?  Hide?
I forget)  see a neighbor sitting on a tree limb coming from the ocean when
he looks through a neighbor's ring?

...and why does Seawrack act startled at the mention of blood (possibly
even the mention of biological characteristics through blood sharing) in
Pajarocu?  ...not connected, I know, but another detail I've always thought
was a fairly large clue if I could just figure out what it means.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.urth.net/pipermail/urth-urth.net/attachments/20131009/77d4d829/attachment.htm>

---

From: Lee Berman <severiansola at hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 03:37:28 +0000

>and Babbie found on the herbal island?

Good questions Brian. I am interested in how others will 
answer (and I must admit Marc's responses here are bit over 
my head).

By mentioning "Tree gods" it seems a recognition that this
ring has similar properties to the Sacred Windows on the 
Whorl which allow humans to view the gods of the Mainframe
(and allow the gods to possess humans).

>And what's under the ocean?

I think the remnants of the Neighbors' civilization, as
the Commonwealth could be found under the oceans of Ushas.

>...and why does Seawrack act startled at the mention of blood

I think Marc's answer has good significance and validity. I'd
maybe want to add that Seawrack being started at the mention of
Blood might be related to her spiritual connection to Hyacinth. 

The overwhelming lust found between Silk and Hyacinth is parallel
to that between Horn and Seawrack, I think, (and Kypris and Typhon/Pas,
of course). And we know about the relationship between Hyacinth and
the character named Blood. So maybe it is related to that.