Subject: (urth) VRT=Enkidu

From: m.driussi <m.driussi at genie.com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 23:38:00 +0000

Robert Borski,

Hey, fwiw =I= like it.

Gee, all this twinning has got me to thinking that 5HC has a lot of
Gilgamesh to it, which I'd never thought of before.  (Okay, this is
probably trivial, but: Number 5, our hero, is the urban Gilgamesh,
destroying his town with his perversions; VRT is the wild boy Enkidu,
lured into civilization by the hunter, Dr. Marsh, to the point where
he can't go back; in this version they don't become pals and offset
each other's quirks, they just keep on going in their messed up
ways . . . although, hey, VRT goes to jail on account of Number 5,
doesn't he?  Hmmm.)

"Victor Roy" looks to mean "conquering king" (the "V" by itself is
also Roman numeral five).  "Trenchard," I dunno--it is a real name,
of course, but I don't know what it means.  "Ditch-digger" or
something equally "cutting"?

=mantis=

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/