Subject: (urth) Delage collage

From: adam louis stephanides <astephan at students.uiuc.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 11:16:51 +0000

I think it's a great idea (though I'd like to know how much of the
original posts will be cut).  It was indeed fascinating to see how many
divergent interpretations there were of such a seemingly simple story.  It
could even make a very informative case study of the process of
interpretation.  (Maybe somebody will write "S/D," microanalyzing the
original story and the discussion in the same way that Barthes analyzed a
Balzac story in his book S/Z.)

--Adam

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/

---

From: adam louis stephanides <astephan at students.uiuc.edu>
Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 16:39:02 +0000

On Sat, 23 May 1998 Damien Broderick wrote:

>  i've only been here a brief time, but i assume from the responses to my
> suzanne collage suggestion that some list members are concerned about being
> misquoted off the list.

I wasn't worried about being misquoted.  What did concern me slightly was 
the possibility that my conclusions might be given without the reasoning 
behind them, making them appear more speculative than they are..
(After all, I don't know how much space the editors at NYRSF will give
you.)  But to repeat, I think it's a great idea, and I hope whatever
"worries" I or others may have expressed won't stop you from going ahead
with it.

--Adam