Subject: (urth) This Week in Google Alerts: conference, sketch

From: Gwern Branwen <gwern at gwern.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 16:47:01 +0000

- Via http://www.patheos.com/blogs/jenniferfitz/2014/06/should-you-be-writing-right-now-and-what-about-the-kids-and-what-about-a-conference-this-summer/
, http://www.christiannewswire.com/news/9005474225.html "Prominent
Catholic Writers to Speak at Catholic Writers Conference in Chicago
Area":

    > Several prominent Catholic writers will speak at the sixth
annual Catholic Writers' Conference LIVE taking place July 30-August
1, 2014, at the Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center and Hotel in
Schaumburg, IL. Sponsored by the Catholic Writer's Guild and the
Catholic Marketing Network (CMN), and held in conjunction with CMN's
annual retailer trade show, the Catholic Writers Conference LIVE
provides Catholic writers with a prime opportunity to meet and share
their faith with editors, publishers, fellow writers, and bookstore
owners from across the globe. The theme of this year's conference is
"Perseverance."
    >
    > Speakers at this year's conference include authors Lisa Hendey
(BOOK OF SAINTS FOR CATHOLIC MOMS), award-winning science
fiction/fantasy author Gene Wolfe (THE NEW BOOK OF THE SUN),
Inspirational Speaker Lizzie Velasquez, Gary Zimak (FROM FEAR TO
FAITH), Claudia Volkman (Editor, Servant Books), Donna-Marie Cooper
O'Boyle (EWTN, CATHOLIC PRAYER BOOK FOR MOTHERS), Ellen Gable Hrkach
(STEALING JENNY), blogger Rebecca Hamilton (PUBLIC CATHOLIC-PATHEOS)
and many others.
    >
    > ...Registration costs $80 for CWG members, $85 for non-members
and $45 for students. There's also a discounted combined membership.
To register or for more information, go to
www.catholicwritersconference.com.
- review of _The Wizard-Knight_:
http://www.ignitumtoday.com/2014/06/24/book-review-gene-wolfes-wizard-knight/
- a B/W pencil sketch of Gene Wolfe, apparently from Tor.com:
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/90564642481529515/

-- 
gwern
http://www.gwern.net