Subject: (urth) hort Story 99: The Boy Who Hooked the Sun

From: Charles Gillingham <charlesgillingham at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 05:08:17 +0000

Great write up. This story, I always assumed, is part of the Brown Book
from New Sun. I only bring this up, so future stories commented on will be
identified as such. Very much looking forward to a write up about Empires
of Flower and Foliage. I think that story is about how Severian won the
Ascian war. Which New Sun Severian won, while Urth Severian lost.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.urth.net/pipermail/urth-urth.net/attachments/20140820/3859f82d/attachment.htm>

---

From: Marc Aramini <marcaramini at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 05:20:21 +0000

Yeah there is a scene in new sun when thecla's childhood friend
(domnina?) is shown the mirrors by Inire and Inire says they have almost
hooked the fish reflected into existence. I thought about mentioning that
scene.
Sev's association with the sun complicates a lot of these solar stories. To
bring it in or not?

At the point of Capricorn and the boy who hooked the sun I feel it is kind
of irrelevant to associate the sun with sev.  But perhaps not to associate
it with something like God.

On Wednesday, August 20, 2014, Charles Gillingham <
charlesgillingham at gmail.com

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.urth.net/pipermail/urth-urth.net/attachments/20140820/91ec7950/attachment.htm>