Subject: (urth) moldy bread dream, smell, grain merchant, American plot in 7an

From: Marc Aramini <marcaramini at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2014 15:54:22 +0000

Tallman's work on seven American nights is almost correct.  America has a
plot to be great again involving the grain merchant gollem gassem but it
involves air bound spores.  Nadan dreams of moldy bread and wonders why
America would wish such a thing.   The weapon they will employ is their
specialty: drugs.  When the smithsonian guy says smell is true
communication it is hinting at an airborne infectious vector for gollem
gassem's grain when it is prepared.  This is why Nadan is sure he was
drugged on the ship - scent or foreshadowing of America's plot. They are
going to destroy Persia/Iran as they were destroyed.  I don't think it has
much to do with any other weapons cache, as that is not thematically
stressed in the text.  It is poison, probably via smell, that they posit.
 Perhaps kreton was reaching for the vial they gave Nadan if he wasn't just
copping a feel.

Gassem!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.urth.net/pipermail/urth-urth.net/attachments/20140909/aa956e33/attachment.htm>

---

From: aaron <aaronsingleton at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 02:32:38 +0000

Nice. I never could quite figure out Gassem's purpose in the story. But I
always knew that Wolfe never has useless characters in his work, so I knew
he had some reason for showing him to us. Thanks for this.

On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 11:54 AM, Marc Aramini <marcaramini at gmail.com> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Urth Mailing List
> To post, write urth at urth.net
> Subscription/information: http://www.urth.net
>

-- 
Aaron Singleton
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.urth.net/pipermail/urth-urth.net/attachments/20140909/e2f8469b/attachment.htm>