Subject: (urth) forlesen as a re-enactment

From: Marc Aramini <marcaramini at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 03:04:28 +0000

I do feel that Forlesen is a simulation in an attempt of either aliens or
angels to understand human life and why it adopted this puzzling business
model.  It takes a preset scenario and casts Forlesen in it (thus his
reflection is not what it should be - a different face for the original
Forlesen, perhaps the man known as Forlosen.) [Emmanuel means God is with
us, as we all know]

The script exists in the form of the brown book, and the sets are all
freshly constructed mechanically.  The stop lights blink far too quickly to
actually work, the pages of all the books are misaligned (Abraham shows
Forlesen a blank page ... later he sees numbers in a book).  The red and
black translations in the red book are not aligned correctly (or forlesen
does not perceive which copy comes first).  The powers that be do not
understand how to read their source material in creating the scenario.

The buildings are destroyed at the end of the day by black and orange
machines (the signs reading Hidden Drives were also black and orange).

It feels, given the lack of forlesen's self-recognition, that he is playing
the part of someone else (especially since he is in the brown book quite
explicitly) - a movie like the creativity problems which are actors playing
teachers who were already filmed in their debates.  the question is whether
Forlesen is central to anything or just another tool.  Is the drama for him
alone?

this one still bugs me - I don't think anyone has come up with a truly
satisfactory explanation that makes sense of all the disjunctions.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.urth.net/pipermail/urth-urth.net/attachments/20140910/01f059af/attachment.htm>