Subject: (urth) (no subject)

From: Lee <severiansola at hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 13:27:23 +0000

>Marc Aramini: He has two sons.

I am pretty sure some of the (published) difficulty Wolfe had with his older son is reflected

in the fictional difficulty Horn has with his oldest son, Sinew, and his monstrous surrogate 

son, Krait.

---

From: Marc Aramini <marcaramini at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 13:48:38 +0000

Yes, certainly Short Sun has that autobiographical synchronicity ... the
difficulties with one in particular were quite pronounced, though I do not
think it was his oldest son.

In How I Got 3 Zip Codes I felt the background bio information was worth it
since it is basically Gene on the post office (or the real story behind Car
Sinister)... but I am not certain the Korean war influence on New Sun or
Wolfe's parental struggles on Horn and his family are the type of exegesis
I am interested in, as Wolfe seems particularly against the excavations of
the biographer... perhaps when enough time has passed, when the things like
the disintegration of the relationship between melville and Hawthorne can
be speculated upon without injury to either, I would feel more comfortable
exploring stuff like that as pertinent to the literature ...
On Apr 30, 2015 6:27 AM, "Lee" <severiansola at hotmail.com> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Urth Mailing List
> To post, write urth at urth.net
> Subscription/information: http://www.urth.net
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.urth.net/pipermail/urth-urth.net/attachments/20150430/f9c2b932/attachment.htm>