Subject: (urth) Music, and Kabballah in the BotNS

From: CRCulver <crculver at aol.com>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 19:26:25 +0000

Mark Kelly said:
<I noticed that Christopher R. Culver <crculver at aol.com> on this list has a
quote from Brendan Perry (half of the group) in his .sig., so I can't be the
only person who likes both Gene Wolfe and Dead Can Dance!>

Well, I enjoy the music of Dead Can Dance (at least the songs that Perry
writes; I can't stand Lisa's nonsense), but that's not to say everyone here
will enjoy it. Saying that BotNS people will like DCD just because of the
latter's dark, gothic atmosphere degenerates the BotNS into your usual sword-
and-sorcery epic, which it is most certainly not! Incidentally, I've been
meaning to change that signature macro for some time, and will prolly do so
after I mail this post.

BTW, does anyone have a copy of the Encyclopedia Judaica? A rabbi recommended
I consult that for a definition fo "Madregot," which appears to be a Hebrew
word (my web searches for it turn up Hebrew pages).

Christopher R. Culver <crculver at aol.com>
http://members.aol.com/crculver/index.html

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/