Subject: (urth) The Avram Davidson Treasury

From: Ab de Vos <foxyab at casema.nl>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2018 17:35:33 +0000

I just bought 'The Avram Davidson Treasury'. One story of this 
collection "Polly Charms, the Sleeping Woman" is introduced by Wolfe who 
writes "Davidson was never one to explain everything. No more am I" 
after which I believe he gives some clues to the story which I haven't 
read yet. The collection is touchingly introduced by Robert Silverberg 
and every story in it by a well known sf writer. I wonder if these 
forewords by Wolfe of which he wrote more than one shed any light on his 
writerly project.

---

From: David Stockhoff <dstockhoff at verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2018 18:11:42 +0000

That's a great collection. Davidson wrote mysteries too, so he was adept 
as withholding clues.

On 5/25/2018 1:35 PM, Ab de Vos wrote:
> collection "Polly Charms, the Sleeping Woman" is introduced by Wolfe 
> who writes "Davidson was never one to explain everything. No more am 
> I" after which I believe he gives some clues to the story which I 
> haven't read yet. The collection is touchingly introduced by Robert 
> Silverberg and every story in it by a well known sf writer. I wonder 
> if these forewords by Wolfe of which he wrote more than one shed any 
> light on his writerly project.
>
> _______________________________________________
> Urth Mailing List
> To post, write urth at urth.net
> Subscription/information: http://www.urth.net
>

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus