Subject: (urth) wizard knight writeup

From: Marc Aramini <marcaramini at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2018 06:51:25 +0000

Here is my essay on Wizard Knight. I opted for exhaustiveness in the second
to last section rather than brevity, so that the patterns become,
hopefully, obvious.This was one writeup where a lot of people contributed,
but sometimes the comments were very close to what others said or were
subtle distinctions. I appreciate all the help on this one. The
introduction to vol 3 of my book will have the names of people who
definitely contributed to the WK formation, like Ab de Vos, Antonio Pedro
Marques, David Stockhoff, Robert Pirkola, Andrew Bollen, and others. I will
be sure to review all the threads in my email and verify name spellings as
well. Good for four weeks. THREE ESSAYS LEFT TO FINISH

https://pastebin.com/WZ0QHrRv
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.urth.net/pipermail/urth-urth.net/attachments/20180630/de3d52ea/attachment.html>

---

From: Ab de Vos <foxyab at casema.nl>
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2018 13:12:09 +0000

Great, Marc, hope you spell my name right. 8-)

Op 1-7-2018 om 08:51 schreef Marc Aramini:
>
>
> Here is my essay on Wizard Knight. I opted for exhaustiveness in the 
> second to last section rather than brevity, so that the patterns 
> become, hopefully, obvious.This was one writeup where a lot of people 
> contributed, but sometimes the comments were very close to what others 
> said or were subtle distinctions. I appreciate all the help on this 
> one. The introduction to vol 3 of my book will have the names of 
> people who definitely contributed to the WK formation, like Ab de Vos, 
> Antonio Pedro Marques, David Stockhoff, Robert Pirkola, Andrew Bollen, 
> and others. I will be sure to review all the threads in my email and 
> verify name spellings as well. Good for four weeks. THREE ESSAYS LEFT 
> TO FINISH
>
> _______________________________________________
> Urth Mailing List
> To post, write urth at urth.net
> Subscription/information: http://www.urth.net

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.urth.net/pipermail/urth-urth.net/attachments/20180701/0a782313/attachment.html>

---

From: Marc Aramini <marcaramini at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2018 13:19:39 +0000

Definitely a tough one - my last name has more syllables if I say it right
;) I’m happy with this essay but just like all the ones in which I try to
be as precise as possible no doubt the second to last section drags. I
think it establishes the cyclic pattern that is repeated over and over with
minor variations convincingly, and I really believe Wolfe did structure it
after Jungian individuation through archetypes with nonlinear but
increasingly actualized dream patterns.

On Sunday, July 1, 2018, Ab de Vos <foxyab at casema.nl> wrote:

> second to last section rather than brevity, so that the patterns become,
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.urth.net/pipermail/urth-urth.net/attachments/20180701/06c581a3/attachment.html>

---

From: Marc Aramini <marcaramini at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2018 13:52:11 +0000

I accidentally sent the following only to Ab, but I think it is relevant to
the whole list, as I came to a realization. Able runs through the green
tube where Mag's letter is supposed to be in the Room of Lost Love to
return to Mythgarthr, the tube expanding to contain him. At the end, Able
actually becomes the letter which Michael will deliver to his mother and
brother in dreams, whether they understand it or not. Thus the blended
knowledge of America, lives mixed up, etc. I think a paragraph or two in
the writeup can clear this up, but I chose the correct title.

It came to me today how Michael is going to deliver Able’s letter. When he
> meets Michael, Michael says he realizes able’s mother never knew him. Then
> he says able should ask whence came the tongs that grasp eterne (by the end
> eterne, like idnn, is life and growth in that black pavilion- the green
> stick of fecundity.) the tongs that grasp burgeoning life as it is forged -
> the mother. At one point able thinks that he just might be a memory or
> dream kulili or disiri has. Michael leaves able and jumps down to seek out
> able of the high heart ... in the room of lost love, mag reads her letter
> but there is nothing in the green tube - it is written in the language of
> the heart. My realization: Michael at the end is going to send a dream of
> Able to his mother and brother on earth. That’s the letter. It follows
> circular dream logic so they will know the truth of Able symbolically.  It
> really is his mother’s dream, a gift of Michael out of pity for an unborn
> child who gave up his life so that both brothers would not die. Thus the
> “play” able talks of with the puppy, and of the play to come - more dreams
> of him.
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.urth.net/pipermail/urth-urth.net/attachments/20180702/6b92b272/attachment.html>