Subject: (urth) Checking Out (Short Story 92)

From: nono <arnaud.louisdam at yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2019 19:06:51 +0000

Concerning the unanswered questions :

I think the flood in the lobby of the hotel is the frozen lake Cocytus 
in the ninth Circle of Hell.

---

From: Gerry Quinn <gerry at bindweed.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2019 18:49:57 +0000

Just noticed this was the last story referenced in the title of a post 
on the list (2nd April). There was a post about an interview a few days 
later... then the news of Wolfe's death.

Hope nobody is offended, just noticed the coincidence - a whimsical sort 
of connection that Wolfe might have used to draw the reader into a story 
about some other sort of connection. I haven't read the story so I 
don't know whether its about the usual colloquial sense of 'checking out'.

92 is also the last 'natural' element in the Periodic Table, in the 
sense that no elements heavier than Uranium occur in other than trace 
quantities as part of a decay cascade. (Once you start with 
coincidences, you can't stop.)

- Gerry Quinn

On 02/04/2019 20:06, nono wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Urth Mailing List
> To post, write urth at urth.net
> Subscription/information: http://www.urth.net
>
>

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus