Subject: (urth) Hawksmoor and more

From: Matthew Freestone <matthew at matthewf.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 17:05:08 +0000

>When GW agrees to be GoH at a convention, I'm sure he *insists* on a chair
>of massy gold <g>.
Is that before or after the concom send him out for ice? :-)

re: Hawksmoor
I quite agree - I read it just recently (though it's been on the list
for a long time) and I thought it was terrific. I keep meaning to go and
look at the churches (St Alphege in Greenwich is just down the road
really).

I also recently read Bulgakov's "The Master and Margerita", which has
definite Lupine touches - compare, say, "Castleview", with it's
mysterious and malevolent visitors, and talking cat. 

cheers,
--                              II         |\      _,,,---,,_
Matt Freestone                  II    zzz. /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_.
matthew at matthewf.demon.co.uk    II        |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'
www.matthewf.demon.co.uk/       II       '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/