Subject: (urth) Here Kitty, Kitty

From: Robert Borski <rborski at coredcs.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 1998 20:00:37 +0000

Recently my good friend mantis--who grew *me* from a bean--recently posed
these questions about Pluto, the cemetary cat (no doubt influenced by his
enormous Siegfield & Roy poster collection):

>Vienne is the capital of Sainte Croix, right?  And how far away from
>Port-Mimizon--more than a stone's throw, don't you sense?  So how
>extra weird for the junior officer to think, "Ah, that cemetary cat
>from capital city . . . let's see if I can plug him with my trusty
>pea-shooter."

>What's this, "The Incredible Journey"?  One half-blind cat walks
>across the continent (or maybe just thirty miles) seeking revenge . .
>. he's pissed because Pluto is a dog name . . . oh yeah, happens all
>the time here in the hallowe'en country says officer abo griffith.

My assumption was that a military garrison outside Vienne, between it and
the harbor, is where all the "real-time" interludes take place in V.R.T.,
i.e., being home to the junior officer, Cassilla, the sold outsourced Wolfe
clone, et al.

Wouldn't be the first time I bollixed up my fictional geography should this
turn out to be wrong.

(Pssst.) You're getting warmer... 

Robert (who's not a Leo, but the V one)

*More Wolfe info & archive of this list at http://www.urth.net/urth/